***This School is now full. If you would like to attend virtually, please fill out the form below.
- When: Sunday evening, August 16 – Friday lunch August 21, 2020. Streaming will be offered live during the week and then available as both video and audio recordings for one month following the School, for those who are attending virtually and for those attending in person.
- Where: Virtual via Zoom; Live at Valle Crucis Conference Center, Valle Crucis, North Carolina
- Cost for Virtual access: $300
- Register for the virtual option by filling out the form at the bottom of this page, or register HERE.
Questions? E-mail Robbin Brent (robbin [at] wayofwisdomknowing [dot] com)
Information letter regarding the School
Dear Wisdom Friends,
I can’t begin to articulate the bountiful blessings received while navigating with you the upcoming Wisdom School during such a difficult time. The many gestures of generosity, patience, understanding, and arms flung wide in support and love have filled me with courage and hope in the power and grace found in our collected presence. Thank you.
And, as you know, navigating the constraints of these times with a live school has been a roller-coaster experience, but unless something drastic happens, we now know what we are planning to offer. Because of health concerns and limits on in-person attendance, we can only offer spaces to a total of 40 people on site. This includes anyone in the room: Cynthia, myself, staff, etc. We have remained faithful to the registration list and are offering spaces in the order of the date of registration. For many who were going to be attending in person when we could host larger numbers, this news may come as a big disappointment. Yet hopefully knowing that we have worked hard to provide a virtual experience that can offer deep connection, learning, practice, and spiritual fruit is of some solace.
In anticipation of much smaller numbers and the opportunity to participate virtually, following are some of the ways you can create your own meaningful experience.
Virtual participation description and details
[***We will send out a detailed schedule next week, including the extra opportunities for you to be online to connect with others. However, all of the times are subject to everything working well in a remote rustic environment. I have been to Valle Crucis once to test my equipment and will go back another time to double-check it. If for any reason, we lose connection, we will be running a back-up camera and will make the session available within 24 hours. We also may need to reschedule some of the optional times, but will give you as much notice as possible.]
We will be sharing more with those who register as virtual participants, including resources, links, and best practices and tips for using Zoom, the online platform from which we will be offering this School.
- We will be providing to all virtual participants:
- Detailed schedule with times and topics
- All handouts
- Joseph Azize exercises, and commentaries written by Cynthia. We will be working daily with the Azize exercises alongside labora/conscious work and will provide all resource materials to the virtual group that the in-person group receives.
- Signed copy of Cynthia’s forthcoming book, Eye of the Heart, mailed to you shortly after the School
- Access to recordings for one month following the School for both virtual and in-person participants
In order to help offset the costs of greatly reduced in-person attendance, we are suggesting a minimum tuition fee of $300. This will allow us to pay the retreat center, Cynthia, and to offer several scholarships. Many have generously donated their tuition to support others who cannot otherwise afford to attend. Whether attending live, virtually, or not at this time, we are all in this together and it will take all of us working together to make this much smaller-scale school possible.
Please register to attend virtually, even if you’ve already registered for the Wisdom School on another registration form. Register and pay below.
- If you have already paid tuition to attend the School and would like to participate virtually, we will refund the difference that you request.
- If you have paid for the School and do not want to participate virtually, we will send the full amount of the refund you request.
- If you have not paid, use the link above to register and pay for the virtual option.
If you have any questions, please ask!
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support as we prepare to gather.